GRANT APPLICATION GUIDELINES:
A. Submissions – Grant application approval periods: The Wellness Committee and Fund will approve grant applications at the January and July meetings. It is recommended that all Wellness grant applications should be submitted two (2) months prior to the committee for final grant application approval (November and May).
- Submission Deadlines:
- May 31 (For July Approval)
- November 30 (For January Approval)
B. Wellness Committee – To develop and gain momentum, each entity should form a Wellness Committee or appoint a Wellness Ambassador who would be tasked with supporting health and wellness within the organization. They should be enthusiastic individuals who can promote the programs and resources available, motivate and encourage their coworkers and work to build a culture of health within their workplace. Note: Stipends for wellness champions or ambassadors may be available and would need to be paid by the submitting public entity with a suggested limit of up to $1200.
- Qualifications include:
- Desire to help colleagues improve their health.
- Ability to communicate all wellness programs and initiatives for all employees company wide.
- Assist with coordinating onsite wellness events and health screenings.
- Enjoy working with others to achieve common goals.
C. Wellness Program Examples – that can be applied for include but are not limited to the following:
- Comprehensive Biometric Screenings – The biometric screenings would include blood pressure, body mass index; self-reported height and weight, blood glucose and cholesterol/total cholesterol which is done either a finger prick test or venipuncture. All personal health information is held privately by the screening agency and is HIPAA compliant.
- Educational Seminars – On-site educational seminars on varies topics including, but not limited to stress, weight loss, smoking cessation, fitness, nutrition, etc. The entity should have an available room with adequate space for onsite activities and technological capacities, i.e., Zoom meetings.
- Wellness Challenges – Fun, engaging challenges designed to impact of health behaviors such as, but not limited to:
- Fitbit Challenges
- Biggest Loser Weight Loss Challenges
- Competitions between entity departments or other eligible entities
- Pedometer Walking Challenges
BEFORE YOU SUBMIT:
- Click here to view your group’s grant allotment amount.
- To see a list of allowable and not allowable wellness requests check out the “Permitted Usages” section of this site.
- Also, if you would like to see some past examples that have already been approved check out our “Past Examples” section.
- For a list of more wellness program ideas or if you may have any questions please email: email@example.com
- To easily (and securely) submit your application online please click here.
- Via Email
REIMBURSEMENT VOUCHER SUBMISSION:
- To submit your voucher for reimbursement, first download here.
- Fill out the form completely and attach scans of affiliated reciepts.
- NOTE: The option to upload forms using the button below is not currently available but will be soon. For now please send vouchers and receipts via email.
Reimbursement Voucher Submission
- Email voucher and affiliated receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.