GRANT APPLICATION GUIDELINES:
A. Submissions – Grant application approval periods: The Wellness Committee and Fund will approve grant applications at the January and July meetings. It is recommended that all Wellness grant applications should be submitted two (2) months prior to the committee for final grant application approval (November and May).
- Submission Deadlines:
- November 30 (to use funds from January 2022 thru December 2022)
- May 31 (to use funds from July 2022 thru June 2023)
B. Wellness Committee – To develop and gain momentum, each entity should form a Wellness Committee or appoint a Wellness Ambassador who would be tasked with supporting health and wellness within the organization. They should be enthusiastic individuals who can promote the programs and resources available, motivate and encourage their coworkers and work to build a culture of health within their workplace. Note: Stipends for wellness champions or ambassadors may be available and would need to be paid by the submitting public entity with a suggested limit of up to $1200.
- Qualifications include:
- Desire to help colleagues improve their health.
- Ability to communicate all wellness programs and initiatives for all employees company wide.
- Assist with coordinating onsite wellness events and health screenings.
- Enjoy working with others to achieve common goals.
C. Wellness Program Examples – that can be applied for include but are not limited to the following:
- Health Fairs Direct – Health Fairs Direct will help you design your next event and provide you with the right health and wellness tools that you need whether it be in-person or virtual. They offer programs such as biometric screening, reflexology, healthy snack sampling, virtual cooking classes and so much more. For more information, visit the Wellness Resources of our site here: www.coastalhif.com/wellness/resources/
Advanta Health Solutions – This health and wellness app helps employers design physical activity programs to engage and motivate their employees, and to foster personal accountability for healthy behaviors. Their goal is to provide programs which can be done anywhere, at any time for anyone no matter where they are in their wellness journey. Offerings are scalable for office size and geographic dispersion and are fully supported by a live, member services team. Incentives are customized and flexible based on budget and needs. Learn more here: Advanta Health Offerings
- Wellness Challenges – Fun, engaging challenges designed to impact of health behaviors such as, but not limited to:
- Fitbit Challenges
- Biggest Loser Weight Loss Challenges
- Competitions between entity departments or other eligible entities
- Pedometer Walking Challenges
BEFORE YOU SUBMIT:
- Click here to view your group’s grant allotment amount.
- To see a list of allowable and not allowable wellness requests check out the “Permitted Usages” section of this site.
- Also, if you would like to see some past examples that have already been approved check out our “Past Examples” section.
- For a list of more wellness program ideas or if you may have any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please make an effort to list each item or activity and the pricing that goes along with it so the Wellness Committee can clearly see the breakdown of your application for approval.)
- To easily (and securely) submit your application online please click here.
- Via Email
REIMBURSEMENT VOUCHER SUBMISSION:
- To submit your voucher for reimbursement, first download here.
- Or you can easily, and securely, send your vouchers using the below form. Once form is downloaded and completed just attach it along with receipts and press “submit” below:
Reimbursement Voucher Submission